Thanks for listening to We Are Free Ep. 060 with Neidy Hess: The Shame of a Foreigner.
Get Becky’s Go-To Guide for Letting Go + Living Freely: Biblical truths, practical tips, resources and journal prompts that’ll make you feel lighter and live freer.
Loving the We Are Free podcast!? Please take a minute to rate and review on iTunes! More reviews = more women hear We Are Free and experience the freedom of walking with Jesus!
Neidy is mamá to 3 precious kiddos and wife to Zach, a Marine Corps veteran, and firefighter/paramedic. She’s the new content manager at Exhale, a Coffee and Crumbs online community that helps moms pursue creativity in the margins. She also is the site manager for her church’s children’s ministry, a homeschool mom, and a freelance writer.
In this Ep. 060, you’ll learn from Neidy about…
- What it’s like to live as an undocumented citizen
- How poverty doesn’t come without trauma
- Seeking other religions to heal a void
- Feelings of shame and unworthiness
- How reading the book of Isaiah brought new meaning to who Jesus was
- Letting go of shame
- How to deal with shame as a Jesus follower
- How generational trauma affects parenting
- Biblical counseling for those who’ve endured trauma
- The beginning of sin and shame
- Strengths that come out of trauma
- The story of Rahab
Tune in here to Episode 060. Know someone else who could use this episode in her life? Tell her you’re thinking about her and love her and that you have something you know will encourage her today <3
Loving the We Are Free podcast!? Please take a minute to rate and review on iTunes! I appreciate it so much 🙂
Links from the show
Connect with Neidy
Connect with Becky