Thanks for listening to We Are Free Ep. 036 with Mazi Robinson: Stress, Disappointment and Self-Compassion.
Get Becky’s Go-To Guide for Letting Go + Living Freely: Biblical truths, practical tips, resources and journal prompts that’ll make you feel lighter and live freer.
Loving the We Are Free podcast!? Please take a minute to rate and review on iTunes! More reviews = more women hear We Are Free and experience the freedom of walking with Jesus!
Mazi is a licensed professional counselor specializing in helping women discover their true voice as they navigate self worth and self esteem challenges, relationship concerns, and life stage transitions.
Mazi also speaks at workshops on topics such as anxiety, healing, healthy relationships, personal growth, and purposeful living. She is a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator presenting on the research and methodology of Dr. Brené Brown to individuals and groups AND she is also the founder and director of Cultivate, a counseling center and community in Atlanta, where she lives with her husband and two sons.
In this Ep. 036, you’ll learn from Mazi about…
- What stress is and what it isn’t
- What happens when our brain senses we’re in danger
- How stress and anxiety keep us alive
- Common thought patterns we fall into in times of stress or anxiety
- How to start replacing lies with truth
- How to deal with disappointment
- Admitting your grief
- Practicing emotional awareness and curiosity
- How connection plays a huge role in healing
- How to get through uncertainty and loss
- Sitting in our emotions
- Why journaling is so important
- How to identify what you’re actually feeling
- Marking loss and disappointment
- How to show yourself self-compassion
- How the root of self-compassion is believing “I am loved”
Tune in here to Episode 036. Know someone else who could use this episode in her life? Tell her you’re thinking about her and love her and that you have something you know will encourage her today <3
Loving the We Are Free podcast!? Please take a minute to rate and review on iTunes! I appreciate it so much 🙂
Links from the show
Kristin Neff, self-compassion expert
Kristin Neff’s book: Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself
Connect with Mazi
Mazi’s private practice: Cultivate Atlanta
Connect with Becky